4 Reasons to Build Instead of Buy in 2022
In today’s competitive market, many homebuyers spend a lot of time scouring the market for their dream home, only to turn up empty-handed. When you choose to build a new home instead of buying an existing one, you can often avoid many of the common stressors that come with navigating today’s cutthroat real estate market.
Check out these four reasons you should consider building a home in 2022.
Reason 1: New homes are safe, more energy-efficient, and have updated features.
Buying an older home can spell disaster quite quickly, especially if you run into issues like building code violations. When you build a new home, you can rest easy knowing your family is safe since your home is required to meet the most current safety standards and building codes.
A few advantages to building a new home include:
- New construction must meet modern building and safety standards.
- New homes can be more energy-efficient and usually have enhanced safety features.
- You’ll have to brand new appliances.
- You can choose from modern floor plans and layouts.
Reason 2: You shouldn’t have to worry about repairs anytime soon.
From the beams in the ceiling to the plumbing and electrical equipment running through the walls and under your house, everything will be new. This means the risk of something breaking in your newly built home will be significantly lower than if you were purchasing an older home. Though it’s not likely you’ll have to worry about significant repairs any time soon, it’s a good idea to ask your general contractor about their builder’s warranty and the coverage it provides on homes they build.
Reason 3: You’ll be the first owner of your home.
When you build your house, you will be the first person ever to live there. This allows you to truly make your home your own. You won’t have to worry about what the previous owners might have done to the house or any important maintenance they didn’t do that could lead to problems down the road.
Building your home own home has many advantages, including:
- You choose the neighborhood and location of your house.
- You can often choose from home plans with various layouts and price points.
- You can personalize your home from the start with finishing touches that reflect your unique taste and style.
Reason 4: Silverton Mortgage offers financing options for new construction.
From the construction process to the financing phase, your home buying experience should be pleasant and efficient. When you choose to finance your new home with Silverton Mortgage, you will experience many benefits and can even save money.
Some of the benefits of financing your new home with Silverton include:
- You get personalized service to find the right financing for your needs.
- Silverton offers competitive interest rates.
- Silverton’s Construction-Permanent (CP) Loan allows all financing (including land acquisition) to happen under one loan. That means one set of documents and one closing, saving the buyer time and money.
Ready to build your dream home? Contact us today to get started!
All loans are subject to credit approval.